[simpits-tech] Electronics question

Cris Harrison phoenixcomm at gmail.com
Fri Mar 13 07:09:28 PDT 2009

ignorance is bliss,
first your rotary is not a pot. pots are resistors. the encoder generates
pulses.
If you have your hart in doing this and you want outputs that go from 0 -
5vdc, the
use 2 open collector gates, no diodes, no R-divider, no nothing.
you need a switch (two, one for each, forward, backwards, so when you close
this
you turn on a TTL gate with open collector outputs on (5v) this device
requires a 5vdc source for the output through a small value of R say 1k your
output is at the junction
of the resistor, and the gates output.  DONE
CH