[simpits-tech] CanBus F-15C project relaunch!

David C. Allen dca911t at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 10:57:13 PST 2023

Gene
I have a test of concept working. But I’m not a software savvy guy, I could do a better job selling used cars then creating Arduino sketches.

Two Teensy’s communicating over CANBus.

Some Teensy and Arduino products have the CANBus communications protocol.
My thought was/is to send switch status and Korry indicator control via CANBus to the game.  Unfortunately I did not give the proper amount of thought to the idea. It would have been better to use one teensy per module and interconnect the canbus between modules. That way the only additional wires needed would be lighting and power. But that ship has sailed and I am not going to rewire every overhead module.

So it will be running wires to a location and then CANBus to the game

David
Good friends are the rare jewels of life, difficult to find and impossible to replace!!