[simpits-tech] CanBus F-15C project relaunch!

geneb geneb at deltasoft.com
Mon Jan 30 09:18:45 PST 2023

On Mon, 30 Jan 2023, David C. Allen wrote:

> Gene
> Have you given any thought to using CANBus instead of long point to point wiring?

I haven't really.  There's going to be a lot of wiring harness work out of
necessity, but I haven't done much work recently on what happens after the
cannon plugs.

In thinking about it though, it sure gives me some interesting ideas.

I could have controllers for blocks of things and that would make the
interconnects a lot easier.  That being said, I could also do it using
1Gb/sec Ethernet and SBCs like the Raspberry Pi.  That would save me from
having to write low-level protocol stacks if nothing else.  I can write
tcp/ip stuff practically in my sleep. ;)

Are you leveraging CANBus in your 737?