[simpits-tech] CanBus F-15C project relaunch!

geneb geneb at deltasoft.com
Mon Jan 30 12:04:42 PST 2023

On Mon, 30 Jan 2023, David C. Allen wrote:

> Gene I have a test of concept working. But I’m not a software savvy guy,
> I could do a better job selling used cars then creating Arduino
> sketches.

Arduino sketches are easy. ;)

> Two Teensy’s communicating over CANBus.
>
> Some Teensy and Arduino products have the CANBus communications
> protocol. My thought was/is to send switch status and Korry indicator
> control via CANBus to the game.  Unfortunately I did not give the proper
> amount of thought to the idea. It would have been better to use one
> teensy per module and interconnect the canbus between modules. That way
> the only additional wires needed would be lighting and power. But that
> ship has sailed and I am not going to rewire every overhead module.

One controller per panel would be huge overkill.  The most granular I'd
make it would be one i/o controller per row of panels.  That would give
you four(?) i/o controllers for the overhead and those could talk to a
central box that would in then talk to the simulator software.

Mike Powell has way more experience with CANBus than I do - maybe he'll
stick an oar into this conversation. :)