[simpits-tech] F-15C project relaunch!

Michi Hirczy mi.hi at gmx.net
Mon Jan 30 00:42:59 PST 2023

Very, very nice, video, Gene, thx for the insights!

First of all,  congrats to the cancer fight, didn't know about it until
today!

I really, really got a lot of flashbacks from your story, because it's
so quite similar to mine:
software developer, and when I started basically no crafting knowledge
except cutting some wood with a jigsaw and drilling and screwing with a
battery drill.

Now, 25 years later, I have more or less a fully equipped machine shop,
a fully equiped woodshop, a CNC desktop mill, 2 3D printers and a laser
cutter...

... AND am able to operate all of them (more or less) succesfully.

Same with electronics - no idea of anything, and as you said, nowadays
it's as simple as googling some "Arduino"-projectinfo and you're good to
go...
CAD?? I did learn basic geometric drawing in highschool, now I can
design and build a whole altimeter from scratch :-D

Really interesting journey, isn't it?

BTW, is the ladder seen the remnants from Fred? Or did you build a new
one? What happened to Fred?

m.