[simpits-tech] List is (re)fixed...

geneb geneb at deltasoft.com
Fri Jan 13 09:04:45 PST 2023

On Fri, 13 Jan 2023, Michi Hirczy wrote:

> On 1/13/23 15:26, geneb wrote:
>>>
>> Heh.  Have you redesigned the cockpit framework or is what you're
>> working on now the original?
>
> The outer shell is still the original old one and will stay like it is.
> I'm just changing the mounting structure for the panels to get the
> original sizes into the frame.
> The nose section also stays as it is, I will just add a new monitor
> stand to support the TV I'm using ATM.

Ah, ok.  I'm surprised you're not setting it up with three TVs in an
open-box format.

>> Oh yeah.  CNC and DROs are a game changer for cockpit building - 3D
>> printers too!
>
> FULLACK, that's why I have 2 3D printers and already thinking about a
> 3rd one (the Bambu Lab X1 looks really, really promising)

I've got entirely too many 3D printers - I think the count is around 15
now.  I started writing docs for an open source printer in 2012 and they
kept sending me new versions. :D  I use three FDM printers primarily - a
Rostock MAX v4, an Artemis (by SeeMeCNC, no those FlashForge assholes),
and a BOSSDelta 300.  I've also got a couple of MLSA printers - I sold the
two original Elegoo MARS printers and replaced it with a Mars 3, and I've
got an Elegoo Jupiter.  I haven't printed anything with either one yet as
I'm working on a way to heat the resin & vats.  The resins don't print
well below 25C.

Here's the cabinet I built for housing printers:
https://i.imgur.com/Oz2lGkL.jpg