[simpits-tech] List is (re)fixed...

Michi Hirczy mi.hi at gmx.net
Fri Jan 13 10:13:20 PST 2023

> Ah, ok.  I'm surprised you're not setting it up with three TVs in an
> open-box format.

That's the setup for the racing simrig at the moment (3x32" FHD monitors)
Not sure about switching, but since I can't fly anyways in the sim, it
will stay that way.

>>> Oh yeah.  CNC and DROs are a game changer for cockpit building - 3D
>>> printers too!
>>
>> FULLACK, that's why I have 2 3D printers and already thinking about a
>> 3rd one (the Bambu Lab X1 looks really, really promising)
>
> I've got entirely too many 3D printers - I think the count is around 15
> now.

Holy melted plastic, Batman!!!!
I saw your vids about your Rostock but never thought about 15 printers :-)

> I started writing docs for an open source printer in 2012 and they
> kept sending me new versions. :D  I use three FDM printers primarily - a
> Rostock MAX v4, an Artemis (by SeeMeCNC, no those FlashForge assholes),
> and a BOSSDelta 300.

yeah, I recognized, you're a Delta-fan... never been one myself.

> I've also got a couple of MLSA printers - I sold
> the two original Elegoo MARS printers and replaced it with a Mars 3, and
> I've got an Elegoo Jupiter.  I haven't printed anything with either one
> yet as I'm working on a way to heat the resin & vats.  The resins don't
> print well below 25C.

aaah, yes, SLA printing. Would have bought one months ago, but with two
little kids I'm to scared about all the chemicals, to be honest.

> Here's the cabinet I built for housing printers:
> https://i.imgur.com/Oz2lGkL.jpg

That's looking fabulous! (I really like the color scheme)
I had my 3d printers in seperate rooms, but migrated everything into my
workshop.
Still have to build enclosures for them, too keep everythin clean from
sawdust and metal chips :-D