[simpits-tech] Look what followed me home!

Matt Bailey dabigboy at cox.net
Mon Jun 29 20:58:20 PDT 2015

On Mon, 29 Jun 2015 07:08:55 -0700 (PDT)
geneb <geneb at deltasoft.com> wrote:

> The terminal appears to be a Wyse of some kind.  If you want to test
> it, you can either hook it up directly to a modem, or to the serial
> port on your PC via a null modem cable.
>
> If it's a Wyse 60, I wouldn't mind taking it off your hands if it
> works and the screen isn't burned. :)
>
> g.

One is a WYSE WY-150, the other is a TeleVideo 935. They both have a
tiny amount of burn-in (from the AST software, no doubt) but not enough
to interfere with operation (I can barely make out the burn-in). They
both come on and I can go through menus and whatnot, but I haven't got
them talking to the sim yet. The connections at the sim may be wrong,
or the sim may not actually be "talking". The screen on the WYSE looks
a bit wonky, some menus are lighter than the rest of the screen. If you
want one, it's yours for the cost of shipping.

I dug out the visual system tonight. I think the IG is toast, but the
monitor works great, and the mirror and (huge, epic, long-focal-point)
Fresnel are intact. I think I will use the visual system as-is for
something, it's the nicest Fresnel setup I've ever seen (the rest being
rinky-dink homebrew jobs).

These things are almost as old as me....why is it that I am geeking out
trying to get monochrome serial terminals and a Motorola 6800-based
flight sim to work? :)

--
Matt Bailey

Keeping It Real: