[simpits-tech] Look what followed me home!

geneb geneb at deltasoft.com
Tue Jun 30 06:30:19 PDT 2015

On Mon, 29 Jun 2015, Matt Bailey wrote:

> One is a WYSE WY-150, the other is a TeleVideo 935. They both have a
> tiny amount of burn-in (from the AST software, no doubt) but not enough
> to interfere with operation (I can barely make out the burn-in). They
> both come on and I can go through menus and whatnot, but I haven't got
> them talking to the sim yet. The connections at the sim may be wrong,
> or the sim may not actually be "talking". The screen on the WYSE looks
> a bit wonky, some menus are lighter than the rest of the screen. If you
> want one, it's yours for the cost of shipping.

Thanks, but I'm only after a Wyse 60.  I'm a Pick nerd and I've got fond
memories of that particular model Wyse. :)

> I dug out the visual system tonight. I think the IG is toast, but the
> monitor works great, and the mirror and (huge, epic, long-focal-point)
> Fresnel are intact. I think I will use the visual system as-is for
> something, it's the nicest Fresnel setup I've ever seen (the rest being
> rinky-dink homebrew jobs).

Have you been able to find any docs on the machine at all?  I wouldn't
tear anything apart or toss bits until you're dead certain there's no hope
of getting documentation.

> These things are almost as old as me....why is it that I am geeking out
> trying to get monochrome serial terminals and a Motorola 6800-based
> flight sim to work? :)

Because it's outrageously cool? :)