[simpits-tech] Look what followed me home!

geneb geneb at deltasoft.com
Mon Jun 29 07:08:55 PDT 2015

On Mon, 29 Jun 2015, Matt Bailey wrote:

> This is actually the sim I was going to work on about a year and a half
> ago when I posted a query to the list asking if anyone had ever dealt
> with these things. Seems it never really flew right since its last
> owner acquired it. Apparently it was sorta flyable when one of the CFIs
> last worked on it, but now it is completely nuts (see video). That's
> alright though, I didn't really intend to use the ancient electronics
> in it anyway.

I'm very jealous. :)

> The old terminals actually still power on! I'm not sure how to connect
> them though....there is no console connection on the sim itself. The
> terminals may hook into the image generator box, but it is apparently
> dead (so says the tag on it). I may use one of those terminals on the
> Sabreliner just for the unspeakable retro coolness of it. :)

The terminal appears to be a Wyse of some kind.  If you want to test it,
you can either hook it up directly to a modem, or to the serial port on
your PC via a null modem cable.

If it's a Wyse 60, I wouldn't mind taking it off your hands if it works
and the screen isn't burned. :)