[simpits-tech] Sabreliner mach warning test

Matt Bailey dabigboy at cox.net
Wed Mar 19 10:47:18 PDT 2014

On Wed, 19 Mar 2014 07:43:28 -0700 (PDT)
geneb <geneb at deltasoft.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 19 Mar 2014, Matt Bailey wrote:
>
> > Found out the mach warning is still intact and getting power:
> >
> > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dIN_pb9oq8
> >
> > Am I correct in assuming this is a properly-functioning "clacker"
> > type warning, or is it supposed to be a bell or something? The only
> > real speed-related warning I've heard was on a Learjet 35
> > sim......it was a long, high-pitched tone that slowly increased in
> > pitch (it may have been an airspeed warning and not a mach warning).
> >
> Nope, it's an insanely loud clacker.  Rob & I were playing around in
> a 727-100 sim a long time ago and we set off the over-speed clacker.
> Same sound, very, very loud.  When I asked how to disable it, the
> tech just looked at me funny and said, "Slow down". :)
>
> Congrats on the continued success!
>
> g.

Thanks, that's what I was leaning towards more and more. I have already
located the appropriate circuit breaker (located conveniently on the
pilot's overhead breaker panel), so high-speed excursions will be free
of noisy interference. ;)

I love the fact that all these breakers are still wired up. This is
going to be one seriously cool sim!!!

Matt