[simpits-tech] Vibrators

Matt Bailey dabigboy at cox.net
Wed Mar 19 10:44:43 PDT 2014

On Wed, 19 Mar 2014 08:25:21 +0100
Jeroen Huijben <jeroen_huijben at hotmail.com> wrote:

> How did you find out?
>
> Regards,
> Jeroen.

Whenever I powered up the cockpit, I heard what I assumed to be a
worn-out cooling fan. Finally I figured out it was coming from the left
corner of the pilot-side instrument panel. I got to looking and saw
a little cylinder labeled "vibrator". In my attempts to silence the
noise without physically unplugging anything, I had been looking for a
circuit breaker labeled "cooling fan" or something like that, not
finding one of course. I had seen breakers for the vibrators, pulling
those shut the thing off. Upon killing the one on the pilot's side, I
discovered another one (less noisy) was running on the co-pilot's side
as well.

This is a cool thing about the cockpit....all the old wiring is still
intact, so I can pull breakers to control or diagnose things. Right now
I have both inverters wired up, but can control them from their
breakers....I also found the breaker on my DC essential bus that allows
me to switch off power to the whole cockpit (will be handy if I take
the Sabreliner to any shows before it's fully interfaced).

Matt