[simpits-tech] Who is using a Centipede shield to drive their LED's ?

dabigboy at cox.net dabigboy at cox.net
Mon Nov 25 22:18:43 PST 2013

---- Cris Harrison <phoenixcomm at gmail.com> wrote:
> on the EXACTLY: you can code it into the software ie.. "a table driven
> fudge factor"
> kind of like look at Vin (from the pot) and know that v corresponds to
> lets say 5 on the dial so just make the upper and lower bounds a little
> wider.. and or you can use less precision (less bits of resolution) to
> do the same job or a combo of both.. .

It isn't so much a problem of precision, it's the simple factor of an analog dial not being a perfect thing. To the human eye, the difference between 242 and 243 on that dial is almost imperceptible, you just have to "nudge" the tuner until the ADF needle swings.

I have two of these 614 tuners in the Sabreliner. I scoured ebay for months to find a tuner that uses digits for my old sim, haven't decided what route I will take on the Sabreliner. The cool thing that just begs me to make the original tuners work is that, for some reason, this plane had a neat add-on hanging off the glareshield: a small digital readout that can be switch between ADF1 and ADF2. Kinda takes out all the guesswork. :)

Matt