[simpits-tech] Who is using a Centipede shield to drive their LED's ?

Cris Harrison phoenixcomm at gmail.com
Mon Nov 25 21:51:02 PST 2013

On 11/25/2013 9:16 PM, Matt Bailey wrote:
> On Mon, 25 Nov 2013 17:41:37 -0600
> Cris Harrison <phoenixcomm at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 11/23/2013 12:36 PM, Matt Bailey wrote:

>> Ok I must be missing something but how did you interface the
>> old-style ADF tuner
>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/phoenixcomm/11035935653/in/set-72157634078960474
>> that is the collins radio in the uper left?? I have the pin-out and I
>> got the switch (bands) ok but the dial is connected to a sychro
>> transmitter in there.  Any help would be cool..
>> Cris H.
> Cris, I meant to ask you: where did you get the ADI/flight director in
> that pic? It appears to be the exact Collins unit that my Sabreliner is
> supposed to have. I have found some similar models, but not the correct
> one (the quantity and angles of flags are the tip-off).
ah yes you mean my magic 8 ball?? well It was the best deal ever. I got
from a scrap/surplus place here in town..
I think I only gave 50 bucks for it..
the HSI well thats an ebay thing over 100 bucks :(
I still need aircraft mounts for both of the dam things..$$$$ (
http://www.avionicsmounts.com/ ) or
  ( http://www.msp-aviation.com/index.php?cPath=1_8 ) or get lucky on
ebay..

I am actually looking into reading synchro phase signals with an Arduino
now, so I may soon be able to drive and read synchro instruments
directly. That would save hacking up ADF heads and other synchro
instruments. I'm having to pack a lot more new knowledge into my brain
though! :P Matt
Its not quite that simple I dont know if it has dah juice to do the
job.. you could use the Ti part (they changed the name )
Tiva^(TM) C Series TM4C123G LaunchPad EK-TM4C123GXL  $12.99 LOL

https://estore.ti.com/Tiva-C-LaunchPad.aspx

remember you home its just a TX ie 1 stator field and Y connected
rotor..  go to my blog to see the thing.. (understanding)
http://www.element14.com/community/people/phoenixcomm/blog/2013/04/29/nexgen-flight-simulator-understanding-syncrhos

2 choices:
1. generate a 3phase (at whatever freq/voltage)  then just look at the
output  (remember 4 quadrents)
2. generate a single phase (at whatever freq/voltage) then decode the 3
outputs..
YOU CHOOSE!! me im lazy and pick 1. run the dam thing backwards!!

my blog post was based on a paper i did in school (lots of ugly math)
maybe one day I will write it.. 2ed. and put it up for others to see... LOL

enjoy
Cris H..