[simpits-tech] Who is using a Centipede shield to drive their LED's ?

Matt Bailey dabigboy at cox.net
Mon Nov 25 19:16:07 PST 2013

On Mon, 25 Nov 2013 17:41:37 -0600
Cris Harrison <phoenixcomm at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 11/23/2013 12:36 PM, Matt Bailey wrote:
> > On Thu, 21 Nov 2013 19:24:40 -0800 (PST)
> > geneb <geneb at deltasoft.com> wrote:

> Ok I must be missing something but how did you interface the
> old-style ADF tuner
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/phoenixcomm/11035935653/in/set-72157634078960474
> that is the collins radio in the uper left?? I have the pin-out and I
> got the switch (bands) ok but the dial is connected to a sychro
> transmitter in there.  Any help would be cool..
> Cris H.

Cris, I meant to ask you: where did you get the ADI/flight director in
that pic? It appears to be the exact Collins unit that my Sabreliner is
supposed to have. I have found some similar models, but not the correct
one (the quantity and angles of flags are the tip-off).

I am actually looking into reading synchro phase signals with an
Arduino now, so I may soon be able to drive and read synchro
instruments directly. That would save hacking up ADF heads and other
synchro instruments. I'm having to pack a lot more new knowledge into my
brain though! :P

Matt