[simpits-tech] Aircraft power question

Matt Bailey dabigboy at cox.net
Thu Dec 26 20:59:51 PST 2013

I got a chance to poke around the Sabreliner a little bit with a
multimeter and a cable checker/sound'r-out'r and tried figuring out the
wire routing for cockpit power. I am a little perplexed...as far as I
can tell, none of the wires going to the battery master actually exit
the cockpit directly. Do aircraft normally have only a relay connected
to the battery master switch? I would think that at least the common
lead should trace out to the wire going to the negative terminal of
the aircraft's batteries. I assume I need to dig in the forward
nose/avionics bay some more for relays or terminal blocks.

I want to use as much of the plane's original wiring as possible. Any
particular pointers you guys could offer in tracking down the power
delivery circuits to the cockpit? The wiring diagram for the entire
plane from Sabreliner Corp is over $700.....a little more than I can
spend when I am trying to save up to build a shop for this thing this
summer!

--
Matt Bailey

Keeping It Real: