[simpits-tech] Aircraft power question

Roy Coates roy at flightlab.liv.ac.uk
Fri Dec 27 07:05:47 PST 2013

Remember that there will be multiple buses which can be shed or
cross-linked.  I know zip about the Sabreliner but even our baby J41 has 5
(maybe 6?) buses. A very basic 737 has eleven.  So, the wiring won't be as
simple as you might like.

>From my limited experience - the battery master does indeed operate a relay
but then the battery power is fed to the bus controller which is likely
another box full of relays hidden away somewhere.

Also, not all the gubbins in the cockpit will be fed from the same bus.
Essential vs Non-Essential items, left or right side, there are many
permutations.

Test meter out... and lots of patience!

Roy.