[simpits-tech] FED-STD-595C color samples...

geneb geneb at deltasoft.com
Sat Dec 21 17:59:11 PST 2013

A couple of years ago I purchased a FED-STD-595C color chip book from the
GSA.  They've now "sold" the standard to the SAE, which means it's going
to be a LOT more expensive to get your hands on the color chips.

Check out http://www.gsa.gov/colorstd.

The book I purchased was originally $85 and is now discounted to $75.  The
biggest discount is the Color Sets which consist of 650 3"x5" color sample
cards.  They were originally $625 and they're now $150.  The Fan Deck was
originally $75 and is now $20.  AFAIK, the Fan Deck is similar to the
color cards you'd see at Home Depot that's got a number of colors on each
"strip".

The Color Book is excellent for taking down to your local paint store and
having them scan a color chip to get the shade you want - it's not 100%
accurate of course, but for the purposes of simulation and modeling, it's
perfectly usable.

Post this note other places so folks that could benefit from the lowered
prices can get in on it before the GSA inventory is gone and SAE starts
bending people over a sawhorse for them. :)