[simpits-tech] FSUIPC and LUA

geneb geneb at deltasoft.com
Thu Dec 19 11:14:55 PST 2013

On Thu, 19 Dec 2013, Sean Galbraith wrote:

> I've discovered, over the past few weeks the joys of LUA scripts in
> FSUIPC.
>
> Not sure if anyone is using LUA for FS9/FSX/P3D projects, but it can do
> some pretty cool stuff *really* easily.
>
> For one small project I needed to click on a virtual button on the
> screen, then return the mouse pointer to its previous location.  In LUA
> this took 5 lines of code... I was thrilled J

Lua is _excellent_ for this kind of thing.  Here's a video I did of a
now-dead project I was working on: http://youtu.be/SapI9nZBajQ

CIM was multi-threaded and used one thread per instrument - each
instrument used its own Lua engine.

Then Leo (Beta Innovations) got butthurt about something and took his ball
and went home.  That happened about week before I was ready to put out a
beta version of CIM.  I'm STILL pissed of at him over it and I've never
gotten a reason why.  *grrs*