[simpits-tech] ARINC 429 over ethernet

dabigboy at cox.net dabigboy at cox.net
Thu Apr 25 22:07:14 PDT 2013

See Cris, here's the problem with you, you keep introducing me to all these cool new boards that I then begin to want to go out and buy. :P I haven't even fired up my Raspberry Pi! Anyways, Himar at V1 told me something similar. They actually started with Arduino, but decided an FPGA solution would provide better performance, scalability, and better signal forming. Like I said, I did find someone who has done it, so I will probably follow their lead just so I can understand exactly how it works, but the V1 box will probably be my final solution...plenty of other stuff to busy myself with!

My summer sim project will be synchros....I *think* I have a pretty good idea on how to read as well as drive most synchros, which will open up a lot of possibilities for older hardware.

Thanks for the link though...more 429 gold! I will understand this stuff yet. :)

Matt