[simpits-tech] 5v AC for lighting?

dabigboy at cox.net dabigboy at cox.net
Fri Mar 2 12:17:15 PST 2012

---- Cris Harrison <phoenixcomm at gmail.com> wrote:

> if you have LEDs they take 5vdc most of the time..   be sure that you
> are using a 220 ohm resistor, to act as a current limiter for the LED...

Thanks for the info Cris. I'm not really sure what's inside the front panel of the 7900 CDU, which is why I'm nervous about playing with it. I doubt it's LED due to the age of the unit, but who knows?

> oh btw I have the second installment of the 410 interface, hot off the
> press..
> http://phoenixcomm.wordpress.com/2012/03/02/arinc-410-subsystem/
>
> enjoy
> Cris

Nice, I shall eagerly await part 3. :) As a matter of fact I am about ready to work on the audio portion of my NAV head....I will have a dedicated PC with multiple sound cards to handle NAV audio, ADF, warnings, ATC (for VATSIM and such) etc on separate channels. Annnnd I just got a transponder and another nav/com unit off ebay in addition to the CDU. Of course the multiple channel thing will require some sort of sound layer that supports multiple devices....I think I've found one for Python that fits the bill.

Man, I would be totally sunk if I had not bothered to pick up programming a few years back. It has been THE key to my simulator endeavors. :)

Matt