[simpits-tech] 5v AC for lighting?

Cris Harrison phoenixcomm at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 12:42:25 PST 2012

On 3/2/2012 2:17 PM, dabigboy at cox.net wrote:
> ---- Cris Harrison<phoenixcomm at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> if you have LEDs they take 5vdc most of the time..   be sure that you
>> are using a 220 ohm resistor, to act as a current limiter for the LED...
> Thanks for the info Cris. I'm not really sure what's inside the front panel of the 7900 CDU, which is why I'm nervous about playing with it. I doubt it's LED due to the age of the unit, but who knows?
>
>> oh btw I have the second installment of the 410 interface, hot off the
>> press..
>> http://phoenixcomm.wordpress.com/2012/03/02/arinc-410-subsystem/
>>
>> enjoy
>> Cris
> Nice, I shall eagerly await part 3. :) As a matter of fact I am about ready to work on the audio portion of my NAV head....I will have a dedicated PC with multiple sound cards to handle NAV audio, ADF, warnings, ATC (for VATSIM and such) etc on separate channels. Annnnd I just got a transponder and another nav/com unit off ebay in addition to the CDU. Of course the multiple channel thing will require some sort of sound layer that supports multiple devices....I think I've found one for Python that fits the bill.
CONGRATS!! sounds great...
but I have a better idea for the audio... hehe..
for multipul audio sources use usb dongles.. cheep!

1. you can tune the radio chanel.. ie twist the knobs/... so then you
know 4 pices of the puzzel..
a. your altatude b. the radios location lat, lon  c. your lat, lon d.
the frequency.. (if your on the LAX field you should not be able to tune
the JFK field.. LOL aka MSFS!!
so with simple 3d  geometry.. you know if you can hear the radio.. the
output of this (dme) feeds the dme display and the TO-FROM flags on the
indicator and if the radio is OFF or out of range the Failure flag then
will be displayed..
If you want you can also generate your favorate 400hz noise aswell ...
so all of your inputs have to go into the mixer ... they call it a audio
unit you can use some op amps for mixer.. and you have the volume
controls already on the radio head.... also if done correctly you can
chain the units, and do cool other things...
oh btw all the radio station both nav & comm are in a data base with
call sign, lat, lon and other crud..
... makes life ezay... :)

if its NAV you get DME ie you have to do the slant range computaion. and
you know the call sign for the morse..
that two requirements..

BTW if found the pilots guide for the CDU :)
https://www.bendixking.com/servlet/com.honeywell.aes.utility.PDFDownLoadServlet?FileName=/TechPubs/repository/006-08407-0000_0.pdf
if you have problems with this I will send you a copy to your email..
Cris