[simpits-tech] Gables/Connectors

Cris Harrison phoenixcomm at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 05:30:18 PST 2012

On 2/23/2012 5:02 AM, Contrapezist wrote:
> I'm not totally opposed to changing the connectors, sometimes I have a hard
> time finding the right ones reasonably. Sometimes I get stuff with a cut off
> connector, these have a fairly high scrap value due to the gold plating. D
> connectors will usually suffice. A lot of times if I have the proper
> connector I end up just terminating it to D connector anyway. BTW Anyone
> else get frustrated to death over slight differences between bendix, cannon
> and deustch. Have the right clocking same number and gauge of pins but
> slightly different diameter. Need to set up a parts exchange, I have a mess
> of connectors that don't fit anything I have as I'm sure others do.
That why connector houses make money.. no two are alike.. I could do
what you suggested about a 'exchange'. to launch it I would need the
following: part-number, manufacture, new/used, condition, quanity. Each
Vendor (lack of a better word) would list his/her parts. ....

> Myself I haven't had much luck getting information out of gables, over the
> years my requests for information have gone unanswered so I just gave up.
what do you mean 'requests for information'?  ie email?? nah just call
the girl in charge of documents, though you will not get the 'book' you
will get outline, and pinout info..
> Have some nice audio panels that will be quite an effort to reverse engineer
> that are just gathering dust.
which audio panels.. (always looking for panels my self) photos & numbers :)

> Glad the video helped shine some light on what's happening.

> The guy that
> made it is real oddball nut with a ridiculous bunch of crap and spends way
> too much time playing with "black boxes" rather than building usable sim
> stuff. I think I used errr he used 10K resistors and 28V no special reason
> it just happened to work.
duh why put yourself down?? we are all nuts, and we spend waaaay to much
time paying with boxes... LOL.