[simpits-tech] Image warping (Was: Frustration!)

Contrapezist Contrapezist at sportogs.com
Thu Feb 23 03:02:29 PST 2012

I'm not totally opposed to changing the connectors, sometimes I have a hard
time finding the right ones reasonably. Sometimes I get stuff with a cut off
connector, these have a fairly high scrap value due to the gold plating. D
connectors will usually suffice. A lot of times if I have the proper
connector I end up just terminating it to D connector anyway. BTW Anyone
else get frustrated to death over slight differences between bendix, cannon
and deustch. Have the right clocking same number and gauge of pins but
slightly different diameter. Need to set up a parts exchange, I have a mess
of connectors that don't fit anything I have as I'm sure others do.

Myself I haven't had much luck getting information out of gables, over the
years my requests for information have gone unanswered so I just gave up.
Have some nice audio panels that will be quite an effort to reverse engineer
that are just gathering dust.

Glad the video helped shine some light on what's happening. The guy that
made it is real oddball nut with a ridiculous bunch of crap and spends way
too much time playing with "black boxes" rather than building usable sim
stuff. I think I used errr he used 10K resistors and 28V no special reason
it just happened to work.

Austin