[simpits-tech] Saitek yoke opinions?

dabigboy at cox.net dabigboy at cox.net
Mon Aug 1 17:39:57 PDT 2011

---- Sean Galbraith <Sean.Galbraith at pacificsimulators.com> wrote:

> I can't compare it to PFC, only ever seen/touched one, but never "flown"
> with it.  I have a Saitek, and after many years of not being satisfied
> with the various CH yokes I can say that I really like the Saitek
> yoke/throttle.  It still has a little internal flex when you push/pull
> with just one hand on the yoke, but with the steel shaft it has a much
> nicer feel than the CH offering (unless the latest version is any
> better...)  It doesn't really compare with high end all steel and linear
> bearings, but for a consumer product it's hard to beat, especially at
> the price!

Interesting. As long as the shaft itself is mounted pretty secure, I couldn't care less about wobble on the yoke itself....I would be removing the Saitek yoke and installing my real yoke in its place, with an appropriate shaft adapter. The stock yoke does look like it would be wobbly and chinsy. Thanks for the info!

Matt