[simpits-tech] Leo's BU036 and encoders

Sean Galbraith Sean.Galbraith at pacificsimulators.com
Mon Aug 1 16:33:31 PDT 2011

> Pics? Sounds kinda like what I'm doing at the moment, although I have
> head-start on the structure part of it......I managed to get my hands
on
> the high-quality, T6-aluminum complete instrument panel desktop shell
that
> an actual avionics maker used to take to trade shows to demo their
gear
> in. It even includes what appears to be a real yoke, with some
aircraft-
> quality switches inside it. But it's really just a way for me to cut
my
> teeth and get some experience under my belt for when I have more room,
and
> run down to a local aircraft salvage yard and pick out a Learjet nose
> section to make into a sim........ :D We're lucky here, the local yard
not
> only regularly parts out biz jets and turboprops, the owner is not
only
> aware of simmers, but embraces the hobby and has worked with a lot of
> folks needing real shells or parts for recreational sims. I called him
> last year, and as soon as I mentioned "homebuilt flight simulator", he
was
> all over it. :)

Wow... I need a salvage yard like that :)

I don't have pics yet, mostly sketches and some drawings, mostly
compiled in hotel rooms around the world while I'm travelling.... gotta
do something when I am killing time away from home!
With a bit of luck the main structure will get cut and assembled in the
next few weekends, then it should start to take shape pretty quickly...
*then* there will be pics.. promise :)

> So far my little desktop sim has been just a little money, even less
> space, but a MOUNTAIN of TIME! It's taken me a year to get to the
current
> stage, but I can fly it around now and work all my main controls
except
> flaps (will be on the avionics/center panel), plus run the main
electrical
> and ancillary systems and lights from real switches etc.

My turn;  Pics?  :)

SeanG