[simpits-tech] flight yoke dimensions...

Roy Coates roy at flightlab.liv.ac.uk
Thu Sep 30 08:56:34 PDT 2010

On Thu, 30 Sep 2010, Gene Buckle wrote:

> > Hawker HS125 and looks like this:
> > http://www.airliners.net/photo/Untitled-%28Fordair%29/British-Aerospace-BAe-125-800B/0209284/L/
> >
> That would be fine Roy, thank you.  Any chance to get close up pics of
> them along with measurements?

I can get pics'n'inches for you tomorrow.  I do have a spare one in pretty
messed up condition that will show the below-floor bits too.

> Do you happen to have any idea how far the yoke is off the deck?

The yoke is quite (very!) low in the 125 for some reason. Certainly lower
than our '41 for sure.

> Is that style yoke pretty much only seen from UK aircraft manufacturers?
> Is there any kind of mil-spec (MoD?) design guidelines for them?

The Rams Horn style seemed popular in the 50's for Brit aircraft at least.
I believe Concorde has 'em too!

--

Roy Coates.