[simpits-tech] flight yoke dimensions...

Gene Buckle geneb at deltasoft.com
Thu Sep 30 09:39:09 PDT 2010

On Thu, 30 Sep 2010, Roy Coates wrote:

> I've got two types of yoke to hand. One is a pair of unknown BAe yokes and
> the other is from a Hawker HS125 and looks like this:
> http://www.airliners.net/photo/Untitled-%28Fordair%29/British-Aerospace-BAe-125-800B/0209284/L/

That would be fine Roy, thank you.  Any chance to get close up pics of
them along with measurements?

Do you happen to have any idea how far the yoke is off the deck?

> Note that the pivot point (for pitch) is often quite some distance below
> floor level!

In the real things, I don't doubt that. :)

Is that style yoke pretty much only seen from UK aircraft manufacturers?
Is there any kind of mil-spec (MoD?) design guidelines for them?

tnx.