[simpits-tech] sim vibration system

Justin Messenger jjmessenger at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 28 13:28:43 PDT 2010

After playing with the Opencockpits output card Ive been thinking about how to
use one to build an intelligent vibration system so I can toss the transducers
in my my seats. The card can toggle a motor or light from FS offsets such as
stall, RPM status, g, gear transisiton, angle of attack, stall, Im sure you see
the possiblities.

for the seat Im thinking about opening up one a massage pad like this one
http://www.snugnest.com/6Motor-Massage-Seat-Cushion-With-Heat/A/B003YK04UY.htm and
 controlling the motors from the output card. The heat could be toggled from an
engine fire offset.

I also plan to add motors to points of the cockpit frame.

I had an F-15 pilot fly my sim (he got the first Mig kill in Desert Storm) and
he drilled it into my head that a fighter buffets when pulling g. He kept
mentioning how amazing realisitc my projector screen was. When a person start
moving the stick back and forth that causes the sim that is mounted to a trailer
to shake due to the tires not providing a rigid mount. The projector screen is
mounted to the trailer as well, so it really is prone to shake. He thought I had
designed it that way on purpose and kept commenting about how realistically it
distorted the pitot's vision when maneuvering. So I might have connect it to a
motor as well when my sim is removed from the trailer :)

Justin