[simpits-tech] 16 channel output board is done!

Per Eriksson perra.e at gmail.com
Thu Aug 12 09:44:15 PDT 2010

2010/8/12 Gene Buckle <geneb at deltasoft.com>

> On Thu, 12 Aug 2010, Per Eriksson wrote:
>
> > Long time lurker, first time poster...
> >
> Welcome to the zoo! :)

Thankyouverymuch!

As soon as I get the chance I'm going to get some IRL520N parts to
> test with.  They should be able to handle pretty much anything you can hit
> 'em with (within reason of course) and are .65 each from Jameco.

Should work great, as long as you're careful with inductive or capacitive
loads. They're easily destroyed as long as you're talented and/or
resourceful enough. The datasheet is your friend, and ALL of the datasheet.
Much sim-related hardware seems to be designed with just small portions of
the datasheets handy. I've done that myself enough times to know it's bad.
Anyways, MOSFETs should be treated like children.

(I'm sure you know this already, but now I've broken the silence and can't
stop.)

BR,
Per E