[simpits-tech] Will Gene get to eat a hat?

Joseph Fagner crease-guard at sbcglobal.net
Sun May 3 12:10:29 PDT 2009

65 bucks for the plans printed on that big ass paper PLUS a CD with all the
stuff on it.  You are barely clearing any sort of profit.  That's got to be
30-40 bucks just in hard cash spent per order.  And the time spent doing it,
you are giving it away for free.  99 bucks would be the MINIMUM I would
consider charging given the amount of time, R&D, blood, sweat and tears
you've piled into this project.

As for mine, it's kind of like a supermodel...looks great, fun to touch and
fondle and dream...but that's about all you can do with it right now.  You
are falling into the trap I've fallen into and that's spending more time
building/designing stuff for others that for your own project.  I keep
remembering I have a finite time on this Earth and I would like to see this
thing done before I leave it.

Jay

Show me a man who cannot be bothered to do the little things, and I will
show you a man who cannot be trusted to do the big ones.
--Lawrence Bell, Founder Bell Helicopter