[simpits-tech] Will Gene get to eat a hat?

Gene Buckle geneb at deltasoft.com
Sun May 3 11:32:20 PDT 2009

> Having most of my pit done from Jason's plans right there in front of me, it
> was not uncommon for it to take me a day to mount a single item.  Jason
> spent 1500 hours designing his plans and had detailed drawings to reference.

That thing you've built is closer to a work of art than a cockpit. :)

> Gene, I would not cut this set of plans with your shop bot, it needs to be
> done the way everyone else will do it and that's by hand.

I've got to balance time available vs other things I need to get done.
The 'bot will cut the amount of time needed to build by quite a bit.  I
seriously doubt he'll be able to pull it off, but just in case I'm going
to find a new hat.  I don't want mustard on the ones I have. :)

Frankly, I don't know if I'm charging too much for the plan set or not.
The *only* other "plans" I could find were for some sad little thing that
amounted to a table with sides on it for 4 pounds sterling.  We'll see.

A Hurricane IIc in 24 hours is going to be pretty impressive. :)

OpenQM - A Multi-Value database for the masses, not the classes.
http://gpl.openqm.com - Get it _today_!