[simpits-tech] Interesting news on the EECH front

Sean Galbraith sean.g at paradise.net.nz
Thu Mar 19 13:15:54 PDT 2009

I have run 3 8800's on a quad-SLI based PC
running FS9... turns out FS9 doesn't like it
:(  Undocking fullscreen out-the-window views
onto different cards the whole shooting box gets
unstable.  Looks bloody spectacular though <lol>
I *think* FSX/ESP support multiple fullscreen
undocked views better, but this is from some very brief testing.

I've also played around with 2 TripleHead2Go's on
a single 8800, in horizontal span mode... made
for a really really wide view, but still not
360º  even though the image was 7680x1024!
Interestingly enough, the framerate drop wasn't
too bad considering the huge number of pixels it was throwing around.

If we are trying to achieve a 360º image, TH2GO
aint the way to get there, and I agree with Gene,
that multiple PC's rendering multiple views is
the only workable way. FGFS does it, X-Plane does
it (with nice projector alignment and edge
blending) and MSFS can do it with wideview (but I
don't like the results a whole lot, especially
when you have clouds or AI traffic)

Now what was the original question again?

SeanG