[simpits-tech] landing gear indicator delay curcuit

Sean Galbraith sean.g at paradise.net.nz
Sat Mar 7 13:37:00 PST 2009

>  I wanted to do as you described and I tried using the
> multicontroller gear signal to trigger some relays to control the
> 20v DC that I have running to the sim's real gear indicators. But I
> had no luck, could not get the Multicontroller it to trigger they
> relays. Would you mind sharing what relays and equipment you are using?

I'll have a chat with my electronics guru and get a schematic for you
:) There is a small, and short on detail section in the manual on
what to connect.  I *think* it is better in the later manual
versions, but I wouldn't like to swear to it!

>I agree the Multicontroller is a really neat little tool, though I
>think SimKits are now more interested in developing their stand
>alone USB guages.

Yeah, they seem to be heading down that path, the CCU which drives
the traditional 172 panel is on its way out, not sure when that
happens though.  I really hope the multi-controller doesn't go the
same way... in fact, I would really like to see them build on it, and
make it X-Plane/FGFS compatible as well (and maybe even an SDK so it
could be made to talk to other sims!)

SeanG