[simpits-tech] U2 MFD dimensions...

Gene Buckle geneb at deltasoft.com
Thu May 8 09:30:46 PDT 2008

> I can't wait to see the prototype built! I think this is a great idea. A
> WWII fighter would be a great place to start for a simpit - nice and
> simple.

That was the hope.  The shell is based on a common car seat so it should
be easy for people to fit out.  Barring any weirdness, this version should
come in under $200 for the short kit.

I will still need to work out things like how to install the flight
control stick, throttle and trim wheels.  I still have to sit down and
design the trim wheels and their bracket - the idea is to have them live
on the floor on the left hand side of the cockpit.  I need to look at
making little sprockets as well so you can hook 'em up to a pot via a
chain.