[simpits-tech] AMP D-Sub Crimp tool for sale

Cris Harrison phoenixcomm at gmail.com
Tue Mar 25 11:34:24 PDT 2008

to all
I have use the gun fast & much bucks, solder cups you can go blind and
repair can be a pain..
I personally like single crimp hand tool with back-instert shells
(shells are $1-2 each from digi) pins are about .30 cents each. But a
good Amp crimper with insulation support could set you back a few
hundred bucks. and then you need a good striper. The aircraft hand
striper is $20-100 new used etc. but I like a rotary striper, you can
pick one up for a few hundred bucks.... and don't even think Teflon..
worse yet.. you need thermal strippers again a few hundred bucks. (and
very fragile).

Have fun guys....
Cris
www.phoenixcomm.net/~phnx2000/sim