[simpits-tech] AMP D-Sub Crimp tool for sale

alex alex at flyinglow.ca
Tue Mar 25 07:47:09 PDT 2008

>  this toool only works with IDS type connectors. Cool tool but the
>  connectors are a bit pricey. here is the tyco pn 1-745497-7

In the end, this tool is a time / money trade off. Those with money and little time will appreciate it, those like me with little money and (hopefully) more time can't justify the cost - hence the reason I'm looking to sell it.

As for the cost of the connectors, based on this page from Digi-Key,

http://digi-key.dirxion.com/Main.asp?from=emailafriend&pagenav=&bookid=1&pageindex=262

The 9 pins seem comparable (male connectors are the same price), but you're right, they do get quite expensive compared to the soldered connectors as the number of pins rise.

Alex
http://www.flyinglow.ca