[simpits-tech] Tiny error, big result...

Sean Galbraith sean.g at paradise.net.nz
Mon Dec 1 21:52:24 PST 2008

>When you're designing a cockpit that has any angles involved, you need to
>be very, very careful in how you lay it out.  This one kept me up at night
>until I figured out what the root cause of the problem was.  Fortunately,
>the error wasn't so bad that it required cutting new parts out of MDF.
>That crap is expensive, even at 1/2" sheet thickness.

Could have been worse.... at least it didn't take a complete rebuild
of some major components!

You say that MDF is expensive.... how much are we talking, since over
here MDF is cheap.. everyone uses it for everything.  So cheap that
we use 1/2" or 3/4" MDF ripped down to 2" strips instead of buying
pine.... 2" x 1" for framing stuff...

SeanG <who lives in a country where there are more forests than people>