[simpits-tech] Ok lurkers, sing out!

Jamie lestatandakasha at msn.com
Thu Apr 24 13:21:01 PDT 2008

Hello, Names jamie and I live in somerset england.

I think your best bet is a 'generic' F15 style cockpit, but I think that a
little more detail might be worth the effort.

Most people familiar with the concept of cockpit building will probably have
the general know how to make a pit like yours. I personally think your
market should be the complete amateur who is just starting out and might
want a little more detail. I myself am a complete amateur and I would like a
little more info on where gauges might be placed or where the seat should
go, even where to put joystick and pedals etc.. Even little things like what
the best material would be to make a canopy.

Having a look at the DIY jet that was shown in a link earlier made me
cringe - I wouldn't know where to start with something like that and as a
direct result I wouldn't buy it. I think if you make it easier to understand
and provide clear and simple instructions on how to make a pit that will
look cool and not cost the earth, well then you stand to make some money. I
have been looking for a website for years that says "click here for detailed
plans and a full construction guide to making a simpit" If you can provide
that sort of information and supply the basics to get you going then
brilliant.

Sell it for $500 dollars and add $20 dollars for a ring binder with full
colour building instructions and ideas for several different pits.

Sorry to ramble - but I figure this kind of venture would be aimed at
someone like me - and that it might be important to give my input

cheers,

jamie

You could add it as an option for a little more money.