[simpits-tech] Ok lurkers, sing out!

Gene Buckle geneb at deltasoft.com
Thu Apr 24 10:16:50 PDT 2008

> my first choice for a pit is an F16, but I do have a gnawing feeling to
> also do something more space based say colonial viper, or hammerhead
> (Space above & beyond). Or possibly a space based fighter cockpit for a
> new sim I have yet to make.

I've actually given serious thought to a 1:1 model of the "new" old-style
Viper, but I've been fortunate to avoid that particular back-monkey. :)

The Hammerhead cockpits on the show were pretty cool.  Any idea if there
are production drawings of them on the net somewhere?

> fortunately kids are in their teens so no worries over hello kitty
> stickers, but they do cost more as they grow up. Also, there isn't much
> that I can say "what do you mean what is that. What do you mean you
> never seen that before? It's been here for years." Notice no explanation
> is given (the first time they ask what is that)

I suppose you could rent them out for science experiments. :)

> but sad to say my driving factor of what I can and cannot do is $$$. So
> like as was said before to pony up the bucks to have something done for
> me is rarely an option. This hobby like many are also very much based on
> DIY. Although when one sees that they can have the results that someone
> like yourself can provide, I certainly start looking for part time work
> just to pay for quality work like that.

If I actually sit down and do this, I may end up offering both plans and a
cutting service for the complex parts.  It won't be a wallet breaker
though.