[simpits-tech] Ok lurkers, sing out!

cyplesma at aol.com cyplesma at aol.com
Thu Apr 24 09:28:56 PDT 2008

no donut no biggie, I'm a chip & cola guy myself?
8 )

my first choice for a pit is an F16, but I do have a gnawing feeling to also do something more space based say colonial viper, or hammerhead (Space above & beyond). Or possibly a space based fighter cockpit for a new sim I have yet to make.

I have been all over viperpits.org (excellent stuff there also) on and off for the past couple years. I have to admit I haven't looked at their site for a few months, been busy being a closed beta tester for beyond protocol (online game). It's free (right now) so I can afford to play. Found that site while looking into what it would take to make my own directx game/sim.

fortunately kids are in their teens so no worries over hello kitty stickers, but they do cost more as they grow up. Also, there isn't much that I can say "what do you mean what is that. What do you mean you never seen that before? It's been here for years." Notice no explanation is given (the first time they ask what is that)

but sad to say my driving factor of what I can and cannot do is $$$. So like as was said before to pony up the bucks to have something done for me is rarely an option. This hobby like many are also very much based on DIY. Although when one sees that they can have the results that someone like yourself can provide, I certainly start looking for part time work just to pay for quality work like that.

Keep in mind I like many folks in the DIY lifestlye do my share of dumpster diving.? 8 )