[simpits-tech] Kansas Cosmosphere

Brian Sikkema bjsikkem at gimail.af.mil
Sun Apr 6 13:20:34 PDT 2008

The one problem I have with their Liberty Bell exhibit, and a problem I have with a LOT of exhibits like this, is the lighting.
They surround it in plexi (understandably) and then put severely inadequate lighting inside, which make it pretty much impossible
to see anything through the glare. When I got my pictures back I couldn't BELIEVE how much more detail I could see (pictures taken
with flash, at strategic angles to eliminate reflections). As a researcher it would have been VERY helpful to be able to make out
that kind of detail in person, where it's easier to get a good idea of size. Especially since I can't get in there and measure
stuff.... :D

But it is definitely an amazing restoration. What I wouldn't have given to be a part of that team....