[simpits-tech] Battlestar sim

Alan D. Mazurka adm.design at verizon.net
Tue Apr 1 06:58:08 PDT 2008

Hi,

At 09:45 AM 4/1/2008, you wrote:

>I think a _good_ spaceship cockpit built to work with a couple of the open
>source/open arch. space sims/games would be cool.  Orbiter is fully
>capable of supporting a high-fidelity cockpit via the SDK they have.

you bet, Gene. i have about 5 GF-45 (Goflight multipurpose displays)
showing things like altitude, velocity & heading. Orbiter's MFDs are
detachable, so you can drag them onto separate monitors. You can have
as many MFDs as you have monitor real estate.

PLUS, you have the willing ear of the developer. He's made a few
changes i really wanted (detachable MFDs for one). the developer pool
is global, and some fine craft have been built.

once they finesse the multiplayer option (a crude one exists
presently), it will be the berries.

  - adm -

Alan D.
Mazurka