[simpits-tech] TripleHead2Go...

David C. Allen allendc at qwest.net
Tue May 1 15:33:35 PDT 2007

At 04:56 PM 5/1/2007 -0500, you wrote:
>Not so much.  Support for MSFS was abandoned for other reasons...mainly the
>fact that people bitched and complained that he didn't add support for 3rd
>party stuff, even after he asked those 3rd party vendors for the needed
>information to allow the support and he was basically told to go piss off.

Yes everything had to go through FSUIPC, but now we have SimConnect,
more doors open!

>Problem with the Heavy community is they are pretty embedded with the EPIC
>system.

EPIC was old school and builders who invested in it are slow to give
up on all the time and money.

>  So the market for MSFS just dried up on him so he decided not to
>waste time writing software for MSFS when no one from that market was buying
>his hardware.

There are so many card builders on the market today, but the sad part
is how long they stay in business.
The panel makers like FDS are entering into the electronics game, and
the software guys like project magenta are selling hardware. Someone
starting a 737 today just needs money and a shipping address.

More and more stuff is going to be plug and play.

>Now, for the race car sims and us Falcon guys, it's a different story.  He
>and I have been working on a number of projects for the last 6 months.  He
>is about to release functional gauges for Falcon flyiers.  Two, 1.5 and one
>inch gauges.  Support is also being added for Hyd and Cabin pressure gauges
>which are not supported in Falcon.

Leo makes great stuff, I am using his load cell amps to generate the
proper input levels from load cells and a old Plasma module. Hope to
get the 1 x Plasma-Lite + 1 x NITRO expansion cards then the analog
out will be solved

David
www.737FlightSim