[simpits-tech] Network problem

Gene Buckle geneb at deltasoft.com
Thu Mar 1 13:09:59 PST 2007

On Thu, 1 Mar 2007, Dave wrote:

> I have been trying to get FSXpand (http://cockpitsolutions.com/flyware/)
> running on my network.
>
> I have tried the guys in the forum there but they haven't come up with a
> solution.
>
> When I start FSClient I get 'Runtime Error 10047 Address Family is not
> Supported'
>
> This seems to be a network error rather than an FSClient problem.

Oh, no - it's a FSClient problem all right. :)

This is the definition of the error:

An address incompatible with the requested protocol was used. All sockets
are created with an associated address family (that is, AF_INET for
Internet Protocols) and a generic protocol type (that is, SOCK_STREAM).
This error is returned if an incorrect protocol is explicitly requested in
the socket call, or if an address of the wrong family is used for a
socket, for example, in sendto.

This comes from the MSDN website:

I get "Service Unavailable" when I try to go to the site you show above
Dave.

> All my network settings seem to be fine. I can ping both computers by name
> and IP No, I can transfer files to and from each machine and access all
> drives and folders.

Just by odd chance, are you using IPv6 on your network instead of IPv4?

"I'm not crazy, I'm plausibly off-nominal!"