[simpits-tech] Network problem

Dave dave_friend at tiscali.co.uk
Fri Mar 2 11:20:31 PST 2007

> This seems to be a network error rather than an FSClient problem.
>
>Oh, no - it's a FSClient problem all right. :)

>This is the definition of the error:

>An address incompatible with the requested protocol was used. All sockets
>are created with an associated address family (that is, AF_INET for
>Internet Protocols) and a generic protocol type (that is, SOCK_STREAM).
>This error is returned if an incorrect protocol is explicitly requested in
>the socket call, or if an address of the wrong family is used for a
>socket, for example, in sendto.

>This comes from the MSDN website:
>http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms740668.aspx

>I get "Service Unavailable" when I try to go to the site you show above
Dave.

Yeah. The site seems to be down at the moment. V strange that the whole
cockpitsolutions site is down. Bummer.

>Just by odd chance, are you using IPv6 on your network instead of IPv4?

Never heard of IPv6 before. But according to my research the network
addresses would be in Hex rather than decimal?

Mine are 192.168.1.4 and 192.168.13 so I guess I am using IPv4.  Or is there
more to it?

Thanks for the help Gene, much appreciated.

As a matter of interest is anyone using FSXpand in their pits? It's a poor
man's Project Magenta, which I am sure you've all heard of.

Keep 'em level

Dave