[simpits-tech] Shop has finally started!

Gene Buckle geneb at deltasoft.com
Fri Sep 1 10:12:38 PDT 2006

Ben Jones wrote:
> g,
>
> I had experimented with deskCNC  and exporting info into a  g code file,
> works great 90% of the time i strongly suggest manually going over the
> code ( viewing the export file in a text editor) and make sure the thing
> aint going to do something stupid , ie making sure its return to height
> data is correct ...... i speak from a expensive learning curve.
>
> its amazing how much difference between .001 and .01 can do to the end
> of your bit when shit happens.

Yikes.  Thanks for the tip.  I'll keep that in mind.  When running parts
on my MaxNC, I got into the habit of running them through once at an
offset Z height to make sure everything went ok.  I'll just continue the
practice on the SB to make sure it doesn't bite me.

"I'm not crazy, I'm plausibly off-nominal!"