[simpits-tech] Re: Simpits-tech Digest, Vol 27, Issue 10

K :) kev1n1956 at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 10 12:43:45 PST 2005

Unfortunately I don't have the technical savy to find the memory locations for each game/sim.  Thats the major reason I'm going for the joystick approach.  I'm going to mount the platform on a central pivot point with actuators at one end and one side.   I am going to spend the necessary time to try and get the pivot point as centered under the mass as possible so most of the weight will rest on the pivot.  The actuators shouldn't have to work too hard to tip it each way then.  I'm not shooting for dead-on realism, I just think my favorite arial shoot-em up will be more fun if the platform moves.  I think putting in the washout function will help with the sync problem because the platform only needs to move at the start of a direction change and then will go back to center until the next input.

It's using the Cougar stick that is the major hold-up.  If I was using an old gameport type stick I could just read the values directly and off I'd go.  But the USB stick is new territory for me.