[simpits-tech] Re: Simpits-tech Digest, Vol 27, Issue 9

K :) kev1n1956 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 9 12:28:43 PST 2005

Yeah, I do need to run the platform from raw joystick data because I want to able to run several different games/sims and still have the washout work for all of them.  I'm building it for for just pitch and roll (though yaw may be a possibility later). The cockpit will be rather generic, but I have a Hagstrom keyboard encoder so the switches, etc. will work and it is easily reprogrammed for different games/sims.

K :)

K :) wrote:
> Anybody know an easy way to get joystick positioning out of the
> computer and direct the data to a serial port ?

Let me think on that a bit. Should be able to write something that runs in
the background, reads the stick position, and writes to the port.

Are you sure you want to use raw joystick data to run a motion platform,
though? Would be better to get g-load data from the sim. There are quite a
few times when the platform does stuff totally unrelated to the stick
(pushing forward should give a pitch up from the platform to simulate
acceleration, for example).
--
Steve
mysticz28 at swbell.net