[simpits-tech] Need a plan

Bubba mysticz28 at swbell.net
Sat Jan 22 19:52:23 PST 2005

Matt Bailey wrote:

> Ah I see...........hauling the comp gear to LAN games etc, I
> understand. :)

I was thinking it would be easier to haul the keg to fly-ins ;)

> Hmmm Sonex, odd looking bird. Kinda cool though. I've wanted a WWI
> replica
> for a long time myself, but after getting hooked on aerobatics at
> flight
> school, I think I need something more robust and agile.

I've decided on an RV-4 after flying in formation with one for a minute or
two before he broke off and "experienced turbulence" ;) And Navions are fun.
It was blowing like crazy today, 15 gusting to 20 according to ATIS.
Fortunately it was straight down the middle of all runways involved, though
I wasn't landing so it wasn't my problem. Had the nose a good 5 degrees
north to keep somewhat on course. The RV-4 and -6 that were with us were
bouncing around a good bit, but the Navion flew like a King Air. Gotta get
used to going in through the top of the cockpit, though.

A Citabria appeared while we were hanging out and was just about hovering at
the end of the tie downs. Not a real good instrument trainer, but it's
tempting...

> Still, a WWI
> replica
> might be enough, I'd need to fly one first to see how I liked it.
> Nice thing
> about a Nieuport, Sopwith, etc, is I could do aerobatics when I felt
> like it,
> but when I wanted to slow down for nice easy flying, the plane would
> suit
> that too.
> Hmmm, too many expensive hobbies and not enough money. :P

Paint an RV-3 red with iron crosses? ;)
--
Steve
mysticz28 at swbell.net